Album Notes | Track Listing

The Mustangs were an all-girl country rock group based out of Los Angeles, California, that enjoyed a highly successful seven-year run from the late 80s through the early 90s. The group was founded in 1987; founding members included (in alphabetical order) Sherry Rayn Barnett, lead guitar; Ruth Gunderson, bass; Mary Landers, keyboards; Suzanna Spring, guitar; and Kathi Taylor, drums and percussion. All members contributed their vocal talents as well, with leads primarily shared between Suzanna and Mary. By 1989 Ruth had left the group to pursue other musical interests, and had been replaced by Mary Vee.

The ROSKILDE MUSIC FESTIVAL, held in Roskilde, Denmark, is one of Europes most prestigious and well-attended events. It was started in 1971 by two high school students, Mogens Sandffr and Jesper Switzer Mxller, and promoter Carl Fischer. In 1973 the festival was taken over by the Roskilde Foundation, which has since run the festival as a non-profit organization for the development and support of music, culture and humanism. The festival has operated continuously on an annual basis to the present day, featuring over 150 top entertainers and attracting up to 80,000 fans per year.

1989 found the Mustangs on stage at Roskilde as part of their current European tour. That year's festival headlined Elvis Costello, Joe Cocker, Katrina and the Waves and the Stray Cats; Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians immediately followed the Mustangs. This triumphal performance, broadcast over Denmark National Public Radio, proved to be one of the highlights of the group's career.

This CD indludes the Mustangs' entire Roskilde performance, and is the first time that it has been made available to the general public.

TRACK LISTING:
Click on the song titles to hear audio clips

You're The One That I Love
Blue Jeans
All The Man I Can Handle
Something He Did
Next Time You Leave Me
Let's Elope Baby
Say It In Texan
I Can't Help It
Far Side Of Town
Misery Loves Company
Long Shot
Rockabye Boogie
Tear Stained Letter

Available at performances of Orpheus Reborn, or by mail.
Price: US$ 10.00 plus US$ 4.00 shipping and handling.
e-Mail trak12@orpheusreborn.com to contact us for ordering information;
we're not fully set up for e-Commerce yet.

First | Previous | Next | Last
Return to Trak12 Catalog
Orpheus Reborn Home Page